Ekaterina Zaharieva, Caretaker Deputy PM for Economy
Ekaterina Zaharieva has been appointed caretaker Deputy PM in charge of economic policy, caretaker Minister of Regional Development and Caretaker Minister of Investment Planning
She was born on August 8, 1975.
She graduated from the the Bertolt Brecht Foreign Language High School in Pazardzhik, specializing in German.
Zaharieva obtained an MA in Law from the Plovdiv University "Paisii Hilendarski" and completed specializations at a number of international universities.
She worked as a lawyer in the period 2001- 2003.
Zaharieva was appointed head of a directorate specialized in legal and administrative service at the Ministry of Environment and Water in 2007.
Since August 2009, she has been Deputy Minister in charge of regional Development and Public Works.
She was appointed Chief Secretary of the President on January 23, 2012.
In the period March 13 – May 29, 2013, she was Deputy Prime Minister and Regional Development Minister in the caretaker government appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev.
After that, she was appointed head of the President's Cabinet.
She is fluent in English and German.
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong