Maverick Socialist to Head Caretaker Government
Constitutional Law Professor Georgi Bliznashki will head Bulgaria's caretaker government that will prepare snap elections to be held in October.
A maverick Socialist Party member, Bliznashki has become known recently with the President Rosen Plevneliev's initiative aimed at holding a referendum on amendments to the Election Law.
On Tuesday, President Rosen Plevneliev named Bliznashki as caretaker premier.
Bliznashki graduated at Faculty of Law at the Sofia University in 1982. He has written several landmark books on Bulgarian parliamentary rule. He was member of European Parliament in 2005-2007.
He was expelled from the Socialist Party in March this year for ‘’damaging the party’s prestige through public statements and activities aimed against party policy and decisions."
- » Erdogan: Putin and I Share an Opinion on Terrorists
- » PM Borissov Met with the New US Ambassador to Bulgaria, Herro Mustafa
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » Gallup International: 600,000 Bulgarians Admit that they Would Sell their vote
- » PM Borissov: This Year's GDP Will Exceed BGN 120 billion
- » Erdogan and Putin Will Meet in Sochi Today to Discuss the Situation in Syria