Floods in Bulgaria Caused Damages for Nearly BGN 500M
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has approved the report, evaluating the damages caused by the floods which ravaged the cities of Varna, Dobrich and Veliko Tarnovo at BGN 495M.
However, the flood which hit northwestern Bulgarian town of Mizia on Saturday has not been reflected in the report, as it happened later, former Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva told Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The document which is to be sent to the European Commission, includes a request for financial and technical aid, as well as for prevention assistance. The allocated funding depends on the decision of the European Commission, Bobeva explained.
Hundreds of people have lost their homes in Mizia, after the town suffered heavy rainfalls on Saturday, causing the Skat River to overflow. More than 100 houses were destroyed, many more have been damaged. The estimated damages are for millions, Darik news informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New, Stricter Measures for Traffic Violators
- » 19 Canceled Flights between Bulgaria and Germany due to the Strike at German airports
- » Bulgaria: Bomb Signals were received in 10 Schools in Sofia and 15 in Burgas
- » Bulgarian Sheep Breeders: Lamb for Easter will be between BGN 25 and BGN 29 per kilogram
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 40 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening