Bulgaria’s NZOK Health Fund Gets Extra BGN 225 M
Bulgaria’s National Health Insurance Fund, NZOK, has been granted an additional BGN 225 M to keep the state-run fund afloat by the end of the year.
The update to the NZOK budget was adopted in second and final reading with the votes of lawmakers from the outgoing Socialist-Liberal coalition government. The additional financing to cash-strapped NZOK will come from cuts in central government budget spending initially earmarked for other state institutions.
According to Socialist MP Rumen Gechev, the additional sum of BGN 225 M is just a tiny portion of the government’s current fiscal reserve estimated at some BGN 9 B.
The MPs, however, decided to skip an overall update to the State Budget Act. The Socialist have opposed overhauling the entire state budget, saying it was unclear what the next caretaker government and possibly the cabinet that will take over after the snap vote in October will use the money for.
Monday’s session was the last one for Bulgaria’s 42nd National Assembly which is going to be dissolved on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Feature-Rich Bitcoin Mining Software Programs
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets
- » The Rise of Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin Safety Measures
- » Bulgarian MPs Increase Minimum Unemployment Benefit
- » Android Versus iOS Apps: Which Is Better for Cryptocurrency Traders?