Budget&Finance Committee OKs BGN 225M Health Insurance Fund Update
The parliamentary budget and finance committee approved at second reading an update of the budget of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) by BGN 225 M.
During Monday's sitting, which included 7 MPs, including 2 MPs from liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) and 5 MPs from the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and no representatives of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) or nationalist party Ataka, the proposed changes to the National Health Insurance Fund Budget Act were unanimously approved, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The additional sum of BGN 225 M is to be provided through external transfers within the budget, i.e. cuts to the budgets of other entities, which are to be made at the proposal of socialist MPs through amendments to the Final Provisions of the State Budget Act 2014.
The Final Provisions of the State Budget Act 2014 were the only provisions which were changed during the sitting of the budget and finance committee. All of the other initiatives, which had been included in the budget update proposal, were voted down after receiving only the support of two DPS MPs, while the BSP MPs abstained.
During Monday's sitting, at the proposal of the Finance Minister, the MPs allocated an additional sum of BGN 50 M from the Disaster Fund at the Council of Ministers to coping with the damage caused by the recent flooding. The motion was backed unanimously by the budget and finance committee. The funds are to be supplied without changes to the macro-framework but through a redistribution of resources.
The update of the budget of the NHIF and the state budget update are to be reviewed and to be subject to second reading during the extraordinary sitting of Parliament on Monday at 2 pm before entering into force conclusively.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Bread and Grain Products Rose in Price more than the Average Inflation
- » Bulgaria: One Billion BGN are Provided in the 2022 Budget for Food Vouchers
- » Bulgarian Experts: Life will Continue to Become More Expensive in the Coming Months
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister is Confidant that Bulgaria will Adopt the Euro from January 1, 2024
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Envisages BGN 710 Min. Salary and BGN 3,400 Max. Insurance Income