Runaway Jaguar from Bulgaria's Lovech Zoo Shot Dead
The jaguar which managed to escape from its cage at the zoo in the northern Bulgarian city of Lovech on Sunday, has been shot dead, the regional police directorate announced.
The animal was killed by a hunter two meters away from the zoo fences, Darik news informs. According to the city mayor Mincho Kazandzhiev “there was no other option” but to kill the jaguar.
Some 50 people have been searching for the animal which escaped from its cage after a zoo keeper left the doors open.
The participants in the 6-hour search were equipped with tranquillizer guns, rifles and thermal imaging cameras.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 188 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 162 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby