At Least 150 Dead after Strong Earthquake in Southwest China
A strong earthquake in southwestern Chine has left at least 150 people dead and scores of injured. Initially, the death toll was reported at 26.
The earthquake struck the Yunnan province. The US Geological Survey, as cited by CNN, informed that the 6.1-magnitude earthquake had struck about 11km northwest of Wenping at 16:30 local time at a depth of about 10km.
Local media outlets reported that many houses had collapsed as a result of the strong jolt.
- » City Court in South Korea Ruled it was illegal to Kill Dogs for Meat
- » Crime will no Longer Pay: Council Agrees New Rules on Mutual Recognition of Freezing and Confiscation Orders
- » Evidence-based Measures are Crucial for the Drug Policies Effectiveness
- » EU Agrees New Rules for a more Efficient and Effective Eurojust
- » Terrorist Threat in the EU Remains High
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures