'Officers' Beach In Bulgaria's Varna Closed Again
The 'Officers' beach in Bulgaria's Varna has been closed for visitors again as of Friday, the Regional Health Inspectorate informed.
The beach was closed after the test results showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria, Darik news reports.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second serious water contamination of the beach during this summer season. In early July, the Health Inspectorate recorded bacteria concentration way above the normal levels.
The likely cause of contamination is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Eight Injured as Taxi Rams Pedestrians near Moscow’s Red Square (Video)
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)
- » More than half of the Doctors in Bulgaria are over 55 Years Old
- » Study: EU Test Undervalued Toxicity of Cigarettes