Nikolay Barekov's Appointment at TV7 'A Mistake' - KTB Owner
Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) majority shareholder Tsvetan Vasilev said he had made a mistake by appointing MEP Nikolay Barekov as TV7 channel's CEO.
In an open letter to the media sent after politician Yane Yanev referred him to prosecution over allegations that he "illegally financed" Barekov's Bulgaria without Censorship party, Vasilev dismissed Yanev's signals to the Prosecutor's office.
KTB's owner however also stressed it was Barekov whose "financial propriety" should be put into question.
Vasilev delivered his comments amid a scandal in Barekov's Bulgaria without Censorship, which some of its coalition partners have left over the past days.
In an interview for private channel bTV after the KTB affair started, Vasilev admitted Barekov's rise in politics should largely be ascribed to his use of TV7's resources.
Vasilev, to whom the channel was allegedly affiliated at the time when Barekov launched his political career, also acknowledges in his letter that he personally recommended the journalist-turned-politician to take the post in 2012.
- » There Are 23 billion Smart Devices in the World, Their Number is Expected to Triple by 2025
- » Around 1.3 million Pensioners in Bulgaria Will Receive Additional BGN 40 to Their Easter Pensions
- » Major Repairs Started in the 'Orlandovtsi' Quarter of Sofia
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Urgently Convened the Security Council due to the Attacks in New Zealand and Netherlands
- » Record Copyright Revenues Collected in Bulgaria
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating