CPC Hits Bulgargaz With Record Fine
Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC) imposed the record fine of over BGN 23 M on Bulgaria's state-owned gas supplier Bulgargaz, reports BGNES wire service.
The company was fined BGN 23 377 600 for abuse of dominant position by imposing dishonest commercial practices.
According to complaints of Bulgargaz customers from the Overgaz group and Sofiagaz, the supplier imposed on them contracts, which require them to consume even quantities of gas every day, or they would be penalised by a 10% price increase.
The record fine is just 0.5% of the Bulgargaz annual turnover. The maximum share is 10%. CPC, however, multiplied the percentage of the fine by 2.5 – the period in which the company was imposing those requirements.
The previous record fine, BGN 15 988 300 was imposed by CPC in 2012 on the official distributor of Hyundai cars for Bulgaria – Industrial Commerce and its daughter company Hyundai Leasing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Airport in Burgas reports 125% Growth of Passengers this Year
- » News on the Current Status of US Visa Services in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: When will we Work and Rest in 2022
- » Tax Authorities have Collected BGN 4 million from Properties Rented through Airbnb
- » 68 Spanish Medics Positive with COVID after Christmas party
- » BSMEPA and BDB will host the 17th annual meeting of INSME in Sofia on December 9-10