Bulgaria Issues Libya Travel Warning
Bulgaria on Monday warned its citizens against all travel to Libya due to escalating tensions in the North African country.
In a statement, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia also strongly recommended Bulgarians currently in Libya to leave immediately.
The travel warning has been prompted by the deterioration of the security situation in Libya and the unfavorable prospects for its development, the statement said. Islamist militias in Libya have been battling their opponents, pushing the country towards full-scale civil war, following last month’s parliamentary elections saw sharp losses for Islamist parties.
The UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands issued similar warnings last week. The U.S. embassy in Tripoli evacuated all staff on Saturday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All You Have to Know about the Upcoming General Election in Bulgaria
- » Will China Join Military Alliance with Russia to Take on US?
- » Bulgaria on Election Eve: Political Leaders, Medical Professionals Are Key Election Runners in Major Cities
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Orban’s Party Leaves EPP over Breach of EU Rules
- » Russia Talks Tough in Response to US and EU Sanctions