Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
Greek civil servants will go on strike in the capital city of Athens from 11 am until the end of the workday, Monday.
They will gather in front of the Court of Appeal, which is to rule on a previous judgement today, having declared strikes in the public sector unlawful, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
Government officials in Greece protest against a new system for the attestation of candidates for holding positions in the public administration.
The civil servants urge their colleagues to oppose the government attempts to criminalize employee and collective strikes.
- » US to Begin Nuclear Treaty Pullout Next Month
- » Tsipras Survives Confidence Vote
- » 15 Killed in Ongoing Islamist Attack on Kenya Hotel Complex
- » Macedonia Step Toward Joining NATO
- » MATERA, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2019
- » Presidents of EU Parliament and Commission Show Their Support for Romania’s Accession to Schengen Area