Bulgarian Socialists OK Stanishev’s Bid for 2 Term as PES President
The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) has nominated Sergey Stanishev for a second term in office as President of the Party of European Socialists (PES).
Stanishev, who gave up his BSP Chair seat on Sunday after 13 years at the post, was backed by the majority of delegates at the 48th Congress of BSP and his bid was opposed by one BSP member, with two abstentions.
The delegates also approved an updated version of a position on the crisis in Ukraine. The document says that BSP opposes any sanctions against Russia.
Evgenii Uzunov tried to propose inserting “economic” before “sanctions” in the text but the wording proposed by Svetlana Sharenkova was eventually approved.
BSP also says in its stance that it is in favor of a political settlement of the conflict in Ukraine and against attempts to create division and opposition between the EU and Russia.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
Guys you should not be so explicit as saying no sanctions against Russia.
It is better to do it the British and French way make sanction noise, impose stupid useless sanctions and carry on selling weapons to Russia.
Making a statement like this now could damage Stanishev in getting a top job in Europe.
Think Russian, act Russian, get results like the Crimea.