Who is Who: Mihail Mikov, New Chair of Bulgarian Socialist Party
Mihail Mikov, the newly elected Chair of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), was born on June 16, 1960 in the northwestern town of Kula.
He holds an MA in Law from the Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski.”
Mikov obtained specializations in human rights, tax law, and anti-corruption practices from universities in France, US and Italy.
He is senior teaching assistant in Criminal Law at the Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski.”
Mikov was appointed Parliament Chair of the 42nd National Assembly on May 21, 2013 and still occupies this post.
He was MP in the 38th, 39th, 40th and 41st National Assembly nominated by the northwestern district of Vidin.
In the period April 24, 2008 – July 27, 2009, he was Interior Minister in the government headed by Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev.
Mikov was Deputy Chair of BSP in charge of its parliamentary activity and judicial affairs by June 2012.
He has been head of a delegation at the Inter-Parliamentary Union as of August 1, 2013.
He has been a member of the Friendship group Bulgaria – Serbia since November 27, 2013.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today