Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
Palestinian militant group Hamas has agreed to a 24-hour U.N.-mediated ceasefire.
The announcement came hours after Israel resumed its offensive in Gaza on Sunday because of continuing rocket fire from Gaza, according to reports of the BBC News.
Hamas Spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri declared that the ceasefire would start at 14:00 local time.
However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made clear in an interview for CNN that Hamas had already violated its own ceasefire.
The death toll in the conflict, which has been raging since July 8, includes over 1000 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 43 Israeli soldiers and two civilians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 223 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Continue to Retreat from “Annexed” Territories
- » Japan urges Residents to take Shelter as North Korea fires Missile
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Liz Truss's Conservative Government takes U-turns on plan to scrap 45p Tax Rate
- » Inflation in Turkey exceeded 83%