Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
Israel has put an end to a ceasefire and resumed military operations in Gaza.
The military said in a statement Sunday morning that it was suspending the temporary truce, which had been planned to last through midnight, and resuming its aerial, naval and ground raids in the Gaza Strip “following Hamas’s incessant rocket fire throughout the humanitarian window,” according to reports of the BBC News.
Israel had decided to extend the humanitarian truce by 24 hours until the end of Sunday.
However, Hamas militants rejected the 24-hour extension of a humanitarian cease-fire, saying that any ceasefire that did not include the withdrawal of Israeli forces from the Gaza Strip and allow residents to return to their homes and evacuate casualties was unacceptable.
Palestinian death toll from Israeli Gaza offensive has exceeded 1,000, most of them civilians.
The total of Israeli soldiers killed since the beginning of the campaign on July 8 stands at 43.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » Day 584 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin greeted the residents of the Occupied Regions
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Day 583 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is not planning further Mobilization