Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Bulgaria's National Revenue Agency (NRA) has sent additional 1,200 taxmen to inspect the stores and hotels in the seaside resorts during the summer season.
Inspectors regularly monitor whether tourists are given receipts for all used services and purchases. More than 500 sites were checked along the southern Black Sea coast in the last 10 days, news.bg reports.
At the beach, taxmen work undercover - in swimsuits. They mingle with the crowds of tourists and carefully inspect whether all customers receive receipts for the beach umbrellas and chairs they get.
All restaurants and cafes along the beach are also inspected, sometimes even at night.
Currency exchange offices are also subjected to inspections. The most common violations found there concern transactions documents.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?