One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
A total of 26% of Bulgarians would vote for the opposition center-right GERB party if elections took place today, the latest poll of Exacta Research shows.
The distribution of votes would be the following: 15% would support Bulgaria's socialist party, and 7% will give their vote the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS). The Reformist bloc comes next with 6% of the votes followed by 5% for Bulgaria without Censorship, a party headed by MEP and former journalist Nikolay Barekov.
According to the head of Exacta Research agency Lidiya Yordanova, in mid-July a sharp decline was registered in public confidence in the work of key institutions, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
“The share of Bulgarians who currently support the work of the National Assembly is record low - 8.5%. After a year in office, the Oresharski cabinet gets the approval of 17% of all polled. The Prosecutor's office has lost 10% approval and gained 8% more disapproval. The disapproval of the court's work has increased by 7%,” Yordanova said, as quoted by BNR.
According to the survey, most Bulgarians support the outgoing EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva's bid for EU's next foreign policy chief.
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) is approved by a third of Bulgarians, but its governor Ivan Iskrov enjoys lower public confidence.
The survey of Exacta Research was conducted between 10-15 July.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend