Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian PM: Government Allocates BGN 52 Milion for Christmas Bonuses to Pensioners
- » New Checkpoint will be Opened on Romania-Bulgaria Border
- » PM Borisov: Let's not Allow Bulgaria to Become a Cemetery for Old Diesel Cars
- » Train will Connect Bankya and Kazichene
- » A new border checkpoint is opened at the border with Romania
- » Prime Minister Borisov Asked for a Debate on the Issue of Media Freedom in Bulgaria