Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security busted a cross-border criminal group involved in the traffic of large quantities of drugs via Turkey and Bulgaria to Western Europe.
On July 20, the authorities at checkpoint Kapitan Andreevo inspected a truck with Bulgarian registration, driven by a Bulgarian citizen. A total of 106 kilograms of heroin have been seized from the vehicle, according to information released by the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
In a follow-up operation in Sofia, the authorities arrested two people occupying high positions in the hierarchy of the criminal group. The DANS employees seized cash, over 30 SIM cards and a small amount of cocaine from the homes and the cars of the detainees.
The detainees have remained in custody for 72 hours.
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud