Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man
A 43-year-old police officer has been critically wounded after a mentally ill man from Bulgaria's Yuper village stabbed him with a knife, the Interior Ministry press office said.
Tuesday night, a team of two police officers was sent to escourt a 44-year-old man from his home to a psychiatric hospital after receiving reports that he has been walking around the village armed with a knife for a few days.
Arriving at the house of the 44-year-old mentally ill man, one of the officers was suddenly attacked and severely wounded with a knife, Focus news reports. T
he officer was taken to the hospital, and despite the surgery his condition remains serious.
After the incident, the attacker has locked himself inside his home, however the police managed to detain him later on Tuesday night.
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud