OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Palermo Conference for Libya starts with Second-Level Attendances
- » Kosovo’s PM Admits He Was Invited to Become Part of Serbia’s Partition Plot
- » 'Incomparable' Pink Diamond Could Smash Record at Geneva Auction
- » Israel-Gaza Violence Threatens to Derail Peace Efforts
- » Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95
- » At Least Six Killed in Kabul Suicide Attack