OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO is increasing its presence in Kosovo
- » Turkey strikes PKK targets in Iraq in response to the Terrorist Attack
- » Day 585 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 19 Countries, including Bulgaria, in the Ukrainian Alliance of Defense Industries
- » Turkey: Suicide Bombing in Ankara
- » Former Prime Minister Fico Wins the Elections in Slovakia
- » The US Government avoided the Threat of a Shutdown