BNB Governor Ivan Iskrov Ready to Resign
The Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) Ivan Iskrov said he was ready to resign, in a letter to Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov, report Bulgarian-language media.
In his letter Iskrov expressed his disagreement that “BNB and its governor are being used for pre-election political goals through unacceptable accusaitons” and said that if the parties in Parliament could reach a consensus to elect a new BNB governor by August 6 (when Parliament is disbanded), he was ready to resign.
Iskrov expressed his indignation that along with the calls for his resignation were said many things “not corresponding to the truth”, regarding the work of BNB in the case with the troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million