Bulgaria's Road Building Workers Demand BGN 14M Delayed Payments
Road Infrastructure Agency and Avtomagistrali Tcherno More representatives will meet Monday to discuss the payment of the sum due for the construction of the Hemus highway section.
The financial director of the company contractor, Petya Stoyanova, has warned that Avtomagistrali Tcherno More employees are ready to stage a protest on Tuesday blocking traffic on main thoroughfares if they do not receive a BGN 2.4M payment by tomorrow.
The company demands BGN 14M from the Bulgarian state for old works and for the construction of the new section of the Hemus highway, Bulgarian National Radio reminds. Stefan Chaykov, chairman of the Road Infrastructure Agency Management Board, has invited Petya Stoyanova and the company owner Dimo Dimov to attend Monday's meeting.
Avtomagistrali Tcherno More is working on the construction of the Hemus highway stretch between Shumen amd Belokopitovo. So far, the obligations of the state run up to BGN 13-14M, Dnevnik informs. Despite the lack of payment, the company has not stopped working on the highway, but in the last month has slowed down construction works significantly due to the shortage of means of circulation.
The company's employees have staged numerous protests over unpaid salaries, blocking main roads in Eastern Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU: 40% Renewable Energy by 2030
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Bankruptcies in the Agriculture Sector are Increasing, Cherry Picking is Collapsing
- » 73% of Europeans Plan to Travel in the next 6 months
- » Bulgaria: Rising Prices of Fruits and Vegetables
- » Bulgarians are Shortening their Holidays at the Seaside because of Expensive Fuels