Malaysia Airlines Passenger Jet Crashes in Eastern Ukraine
A Malaysia Airlines jet with 295 people on board crashed Thursday in the hostile eastern region of Ukraine, near the Russian border, reports NBC news.
According to reports, all 280 passengers and 15 crew are dead.
Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko said he could not rule out that the passenger plane had been shot down.
Ukraine accused "terrorists" of shooting down the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 with a ground-to-air missile Buk as it flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.
According to reports in the Ukrainian media, the pro-Russian separatists had recently laid their hands on several such missile complexes.
Leaders of rebels in the Donetsk People's Republic denied any involvement, although around the same time their military commander said his forces had downed a Ukrainian transport plane An 26.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO