Malaysia Airlines Passenger Jet Crashes in Eastern Ukraine
A Malaysia Airlines jet with 295 people on board crashed Thursday in the hostile eastern region of Ukraine, near the Russian border, reports NBC news.
According to reports, all 280 passengers and 15 crew are dead.
Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko said he could not rule out that the passenger plane had been shot down.
Ukraine accused "terrorists" of shooting down the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 with a ground-to-air missile Buk as it flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.
According to reports in the Ukrainian media, the pro-Russian separatists had recently laid their hands on several such missile complexes.
Leaders of rebels in the Donetsk People's Republic denied any involvement, although around the same time their military commander said his forces had downed a Ukrainian transport plane An 26.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea
- » Ukraine Stopped the Transit of Russian Oil to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- » Day 167 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zaporizhzhia to hold a Referendum on Joining Russia