Freight Train Derails in Bulgaria's East
A train went off the tracks between the Chumerna and Gavrailovo stations in Sliven Municipality, in the east of Bulgaria.
There were only goods wagons in the composition, and nobody was left injured, national carrier Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) announced in a message.
The incident at 14:15 EEST (12:15 GMT) is the second in which a train derails in less than 24 hours.
On Saturday, a similar event, but involving passenger transport, took the life of a motorman and resulted in at least 12 wounded, two of them with serious injuries.
Authorities believe that incident was prompted by high speed, as it was reported the train was moving at 100 km/h, despite a limit of 40 km/h for the railroad section where it was traveling.
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Tickets for Webit.Festival are Now Fully Sold out
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Meteorologists Protest on Thursday
- » Five Injured Following Explosion at London Tube Station