Mihail Mikov Blames BNB, Parliament For the KTB Crisis
Bulgaria's Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov blamed the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) and Parliament for the crisis with the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
Mikov told Darik radio that the BNB reaction was slow, while Parliament was too strict observing the Central Bank's independence.
“The National Assembly is also partly to blame, because we were too strict observing the independence of BNB,” Mikov said. “By law, Parliament cannot even give advice to BNB. And now BNB says it was the politicians' turn.”
According to Mikov, it was important that solutions are found, and fast, so “the public does not suffer”.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair