Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Summons KTB Owner Tsvetan Vasilev
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov will request the return to Bulgaria of Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) majority shareholder Tsvetan Vasilev, said the prosecution.
He will be summoned “in accordance with the international legal cooperation” in connection to the missing money from the KTB vaults.
According to the statement, published on the Prosecutor's Office website, the prosecution has started an investigation for “the illegal withdrawal of unusually large sums on June 19, 2014”.
The sums of EUR 93 139 500, BGN 23 657 575 and USD 45 000, equalling to a total of BGN 205 887 223 were “taken out of the bank vaults, in cash, in sacks”.
According to the prosecution, Orlin Rusev, chairperson of the KTB Managerial Board and Executive Director of the bank was arrested today in the seaside town of Sozopol. On him the prosecution has “proof that personally ordered those sums to be taken out of the bank vault and given to third parties”.
Chief KTB cashier Margarita Petrova was arrested for 72 hours for “misappropriation of particularly large size”, which is a felony punishable by Bulgaria's Penal Code. According to the prosecution Petrova took the money out of the vault in sacks and gave them to third parties.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry will propose Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit, Tax Changes and Spending Cuts