Interior Minister: We Are Investigating A Serious Felony
There are indications for a serious felony and we are investigating it, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev told journalists in Parliament.
He did not specify who is under investigation, but said that “obviously money, which was supposed to be in the vault (of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB)), is missing”.
Earlier on Friday the managerial board of Bulgaria's central bank BNB said at a news conference that between June 18 and 20, a day before it was placed under supervision, from KTB were withdrawn almost BGN 1 B and was missing information on credits for about BGN 3.5 B.
“Information on credits for about BGN 3.5 B is also missing and is most likely destroyed,” BNB said.
Meanwhile, the Bulgarian National Radio reports that former minister of culture Vezhdi Rashidov last night received an anonymous letter. It was signed by initials and claims that the majority KTB share holder Tsvetan Vasilev withdrew BGN 1.7 B from the bank and took them out of the country with his private jet.
Rashidov referred the letter to the prosecutor's office. The prosecution refused to comment and said it was preparing a press statement, which will include this letter.
Rashidov, who is a renowned sculptor, has publicly complained that all his life savings, amounting to BGN 2.5 M were in KTB.
- » In the Period January - June 2019 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 5.1%
- » In 2018 the Goods Exported From Bulgaria amounted to BGN 56 030.4 Million
- » The Amount of the Fiscal Reserve as of June 30 is BGN 11.7 billion
- » NSSI: BGN 974.05 Is the Average Insured Income for the Country in July 2019
- » The Minimum Wage for 2020 - 1000 BGN?
- » Low Interest Rates on Loans Have Led to More Interest