Heavy Hailstorm Floods Parts of Bulgaria's Sofia
A powerful hailstorm hit Bulgaria's capital city of Sofia, Tuesday afternoon minutes before 5 o'clock.
Pieces of ice the size of a walnut poured down for more than ten minutes without stopping. The disastrous hail has broken tens of cars' windshields, windows of buildings, tree branches all over the city.
The downpour caused traffic jams in the city center. Some of the main streets have been flooded and traffic is hampered.
The central district of Stochna Gara has been flooded and traffic there has been completely blocked, Sofia municipality informs.
The police received signals for the drainage of flooded areas in the western districts of Filipovtsi, Moderno Predgradie, Lyulin and Novi Iskar.
There are fallen trees along Tsarigradsko Shosse Blvd, BGNES reports.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, in the Afternoon Rain Showers and Thunder in far Western Areas
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C