Heavy Hailstorm Floods Parts of Bulgaria's Sofia
A powerful hailstorm hit Bulgaria's capital city of Sofia, Tuesday afternoon minutes before 5 o'clock.
Pieces of ice the size of a walnut poured down for more than ten minutes without stopping. The disastrous hail has broken tens of cars' windshields, windows of buildings, tree branches all over the city.
The downpour caused traffic jams in the city center. Some of the main streets have been flooded and traffic is hampered.
The central district of Stochna Gara has been flooded and traffic there has been completely blocked, Sofia municipality informs.
The police received signals for the drainage of flooded areas in the western districts of Filipovtsi, Moderno Predgradie, Lyulin and Novi Iskar.
There are fallen trees along Tsarigradsko Shosse Blvd, BGNES reports.
- » Another Day With Dangerously Dirty Air in Sofia and Several Other Cities in the Country
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria will be Cloudy, with Occasional Rainfall and Snow
- » Sofia: Higher Levels of Particulate Matter in Some City Districts
- » Sunshine Till Noon, Clouds Will Cover the Whole Country by the End of the Day
- » The Ice Cover on Earth is Warming
- » Bulgarian Activists Win Case to Save UNESCO-listed Forest in Pirin National Park