Heavy Hailstorm Floods Parts of Bulgaria's Sofia
A powerful hailstorm hit Bulgaria's capital city of Sofia, Tuesday afternoon minutes before 5 o'clock.
Pieces of ice the size of a walnut poured down for more than ten minutes without stopping. The disastrous hail has broken tens of cars' windshields, windows of buildings, tree branches all over the city.
The downpour caused traffic jams in the city center. Some of the main streets have been flooded and traffic is hampered.
The central district of Stochna Gara has been flooded and traffic there has been completely blocked, Sofia municipality informs.
The police received signals for the drainage of flooded areas in the western districts of Filipovtsi, Moderno Predgradie, Lyulin and Novi Iskar.
There are fallen trees along Tsarigradsko Shosse Blvd, BGNES reports.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Orange Code for Heavy Rainfall and Strong Wind Announced for Three Districts in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rainfall that will turn into Snow with Temperatures Reaching -1°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Cloudy with Max. Temperatures Between 11°C and 16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds with Max. Temperatures Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue in some areas of the Country, Snow in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C