Stanishev to Give Up Post of Bulgarian Socialist Party Chair July 27
Sergey Stanishev has announced that the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) is to adopt a new platform and elect a new Chair at its congress on July 27.
According to a statement of the press office of the party, BSP leader Stanishev proposed at a plenary meeting on Saturday that the agenda of the upcoming congress on July 27 include the adoption of an election platform for the early elections on October 5 and the election of a new BSP Chair.
“I am not giving up my seat to sit at the first or at the last row. I am staying in the front line of the battle. I will stand by the new leader,” the Chair of BSP was quoted as saying.
According to preliminary reports, Stanishev, who was leader of BSP for 13 years, will not run for office again.
Dragomir Stoynev, currently Minister of Economy and Energy, has been cited as the most likely successor to Stanishev by sources close to the matter, as cited by dnevnik.bg.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.