'Officers'' Beach in Varna To Remain Closed At Least Till Monday
The “Officers'” beach in Varna will remain closed at least until Monday, reports Darik Radio.
“This is when the test results of the sea water will come out,” said Dr. Veselina Bozhilova of the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna.
The beach was closed for visitors yesterday, as test results from June 30 showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria.
“The contamination was way above the normal levels,” said Dr. Bozhilova.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second contamination with fecal matter at the “Officers'” beach in the last two years. The main culprit is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
- » Poland has Suffered from a Severe Hurricane.
- » TIR Truck Turned Upside Down on Trakia Highway
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Tickets for Webit.Festival are Now Fully Sold out
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana