'Officers'' Beach in Varna To Remain Closed At Least Till Monday
The “Officers'” beach in Varna will remain closed at least until Monday, reports Darik Radio.
“This is when the test results of the sea water will come out,” said Dr. Veselina Bozhilova of the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna.
The beach was closed for visitors yesterday, as test results from June 30 showed that the sea water was contaminated with Escherichia Coli and Enterococcus bacteria.
“The contamination was way above the normal levels,” said Dr. Bozhilova.
The water contamination poses risk of enteric infections and secretory system ailments.
This is the second contamination with fecal matter at the “Officers'” beach in the last two years. The main culprit is the so-called Shokerov canal, which flows through Varna and pours into the sea at this beach.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 6,000 Bulgarians have been Fined for Failing to Comply with Anti-Epidemic Measures in 2021
- » Why You Are Never Private Online
- » We Pay Tribute to the Victims of the Holocaust
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Finally Warming Up
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Less than 10,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Two-Thirds of People with Omicron have been Infected with COVID-19 Before