Immigrant Influx to Bulgaria 'On the Rise' - IntMin
The tide of refugees flocking to Bulgaria has been growing again over the past few weeks, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev announced.
He told a Parliament Committee that lately at least 150 to 200 people were sent back from the border every day.
Those illegally crossing the border still managed to find places where the border fence between Bulgaria and Turkey built to curb immigrants' influx was not finished, website News.bg quoted him as saying.
He ascribed the results to the developments in Iraq, where the humanitarian situation has severely deteriorated and hundreds of thousands have either left the country or become internally displaced people (IDPs) amid a conflict between Baghdad forces and insurgents led by rebels from the Islamic State (formerly known as ISIS).
- » The Shared Electric Scooters Also Come to Sofia
- » The Retainers on Grafa Boulevard Took Another Victim, her Husband Threw them on the Tram Track and Got Arrested
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry: 44,539 Violations Detected During Speed Control Operation
- » Payment of Аid to Bulgarian Farmers who Culled Domestic Pigs Begins after September 1
- » SANS and Bulgarian Police Investigate Bomb Threats Against Bulgarian Media and Airports
- » The Council of Ministers Allocated Nearly BGN 21 million For Educational Benefits