Immigrant Influx to Bulgaria 'On the Rise' - IntMin
The tide of refugees flocking to Bulgaria has been growing again over the past few weeks, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev announced.
He told a Parliament Committee that lately at least 150 to 200 people were sent back from the border every day.
Those illegally crossing the border still managed to find places where the border fence between Bulgaria and Turkey built to curb immigrants' influx was not finished, website News.bg quoted him as saying.
He ascribed the results to the developments in Iraq, where the humanitarian situation has severely deteriorated and hundreds of thousands have either left the country or become internally displaced people (IDPs) amid a conflict between Baghdad forces and insurgents led by rebels from the Islamic State (formerly known as ISIS).
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair
Although some of these immigrants may indeed be fleeing warzones, I suspect that many more may be infiltrating the EU for more nefarious purposes. Judging by the number of people from Western Europe having gone to fight for ISIS and promising to wreak revenge on their host countries when they return, the future for Europe is not particularly hopeful