Bugarian MEP Filiz Hyusmenova Gets ALDE Deputy Chair Seat
Filiz Hyusmenova, who represents co-ruling DPS in the European Parliament, is the new deputy head of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe (ALDE)'s group.
The announcement, made by Hyusmenova herself and quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio, comes briefly after it was reported that former Environment Minister Iskra Mihaylova, also from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), is a likely candidate to head the Regional Development Committee at the European Parliament.
EP is due to decide who will take over the Committee on July 7.
In another European Parliament group, that of the European People's Party (EPP), GERB MEP Mariya Gabriel earlier also gained a Deputy Chairperson's office.
- » Bulgarian Presidency Reports on the Progress Made on Topics Overseen by European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
- » South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organisation: Council Adopts New Rules
- » EU Priorities in the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation: Council Conclusions