Bulgaria's Andrey Kovachev to Be EP Quaestor
Bulgarian conservative GERB's MEP Andrey Kovachev has been elected to be among the five Quaestors of the European Parliament, the EPP group said in a statement.
In a message entitled For the First Time a Bulgarian Is Elected to the Leadership of EP, the European People's Party (EPP) assured that "no Bulgarian" had ever assumed such a high position within the Parliament.
Kovachev was elected through anonymous voting.
Alongside other four quaestors, he is to be in charge of administrative, financial and social rights of MEPs and is to ensure they are enjoying an favourable working environment.
After the vote Kovachev added he would focus on reducing the administrative burden imposed on MEPs so that they could concentrate on their usual activities in Parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria