European Commission to Include an Immigration Matters Commissioner
The new European Commission for the first time will include a separate position for a Commissioner on Immigration Matters.
This is due to the huge flow of immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East into the southern EU countries, said the new EC President Jean-Claude Juncker in an interview for Belgian media, quoted by the bTV national channel.
“The setting up of the commissioner on immigration is provoked by the need of common European policies on migration,” Juncker said.
Juncker, whose appointment must be approved by the European Parliament on July 16, must present the new 28 members of the European Commission by end of September.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Anger over Delayed Supplies with Pfizer Vaccine
- » Russia’s New Ambassador Assumes High Office in Sofia in February
- » Alexey Navalny Will Be Detained Upon Arrival in Moscow Airport
- » Russia Withdraws from Open Sky Treaty after US Departure
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Will Patrol Small Towns and Villages Hunting Drunk Drivers
- » Bulgaria’s Ruling Party Proposes Amendments to Electoral Code