Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence to Be Ready 'within Days' - DefMin
Bulgaria's Defense Minister Angel Naydenov announced it would take days to complete a border fence being built at the border with Turkey.
"We are days away from having constructed this installation which is important to the Bulgarian Army and necessary for Bulgaria's security," Focus News Agency quoted Naydenov as saying.
The Minister did not specify how many days the process would take, though previous estimates suggested this could happen in end-July or August.
A tide of immigrants fleeing Syria's civil war forced the government last year into building the fence to curb the influx of Syrians and other countries' residence trying to illegally make it into Bulgaria.
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO
- » Jens Stoltenberg: If Iran Invades Israel, NATO will not intervene