Bulgaria’s Exchange Bureaus to Fall Under Scrutiny
Bulgaria’s National Revenue Agency will conduct an extensive nation-wide checkup of currency exchange bureaus.
The reason for the tightened control is the upcoming summer tourist season, when the frauds increase.
According to the law, currency exchange bureaus operate at an exchange rate within 5% of the one fixed by the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
One of the most common schemes is to switch the numbers of the rates between what is shown outside and inside the bureau, with many clients failing to spot the difference and thus being cheated.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria