Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Modernization of the Bulgarian Air Force Can Go Awry
- » Border Police Introduces Temporary Anti-Epidemic Measures for Arrivers in Bulgaria
- » “The EU Must Close its Borders to Migrants”, said the Slovenian Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Border: 30 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Lyaskovets
- » Bulgarian Admiral: Modernization of our Army Can’t Compare to the Pace in Neighboring Countries
- » The Bulgarian Army will Assist the Interior Ministry in Guarding the State Border