Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » Trump Claims Victory after Forcing NATO Crisis Talks
- » NATO Insists Georgia will Join, Despite Separatist Challenge
- » Canada Extends NATO Mission in Latvia, Adds more Troops
- » The Interior Minister: Bulgaria is Perhaps the most Secure Place on the Balkans
- » The United States Intends to Deploy Modernized Nuclear Weapons in Europe
- » Military Intelligence: There is no Danger of Refugee Flows to Bulgaria