Bulgarian Army Spent BGN 1 M for Fence at Border with Turkey
So far the Bulgarian army has spent BGN 1 M on the construction of the 30-km fence at the border with Turkey, reports the Trud daily.
One third of the sum has been spent on petrol and diesel, according to the reports, presented by Defence Minister Angel Naidenov.
According to him, so far have been completed 9 km of the fence.
After series of delays and financial controversies, the construction of the entire fence is expected to end in end of July or the beginning of August. The initial plans were for March.
According to the calculations, the fence will cost additional BGN 1.5 M.
- » Ankara Has Repeatedly Disrupted Greek Airspace
- » US Military will Come to Bulgaria for Joint Training
- » Bulgaria Transfers Full Amount for Purchase of F-16 Aircraft and Associated Equipment and Weapons
- » Bulgarian Defence Ministry Invites Four Companies to Bid to Supply Armoured Vehicles
- » Bulgaria Continues Airbase Modernisation
- » Bulgaria Seeks to Buy 150 Armored Vehicles