Sofia Municipality Sends Humanitarian Aid to Varna
Bulgaria's Sofia will provide humanitarian aid to the flooded Black Sea city of Varna, the Sofia Municipal Council decided, Thursday.
Experts from the Sofia municipality will help to assess the damage caused by the devastating floods that hit Varna last week. The financial aid amounts to BGN 30,000, deputy mayor for finance Doncho Barbalov told Bulgaria's National Radio.
"The aid is divided into several groups. One part of the aid is the provision of disinfectant materials, which we know are very much needed in these areas. The second part concerns the help of the experts who will assess the damage. And the third type of assistance are the 15 volunteers from Sofia Municipality who will help in the flood-hit areas. Sofia municipality has a volunteer unit, and we hope that our people are well prepared and will do everything possible to help the people in affected areas," Barbalov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours