Sofia Municipality Sends Humanitarian Aid to Varna
Bulgaria's Sofia will provide humanitarian aid to the flooded Black Sea city of Varna, the Sofia Municipal Council decided, Thursday.
Experts from the Sofia municipality will help to assess the damage caused by the devastating floods that hit Varna last week. The financial aid amounts to BGN 30,000, deputy mayor for finance Doncho Barbalov told Bulgaria's National Radio.
"The aid is divided into several groups. One part of the aid is the provision of disinfectant materials, which we know are very much needed in these areas. The second part concerns the help of the experts who will assess the damage. And the third type of assistance are the 15 volunteers from Sofia Municipality who will help in the flood-hit areas. Sofia municipality has a volunteer unit, and we hope that our people are well prepared and will do everything possible to help the people in affected areas," Barbalov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Strong Wind, Snow is Coming
- » 7.3 Magnitude Quake hits South Shetland Islands
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 266 New Cases and 26119 Immunized
- » Kozloduy NPP Unit 5 Works Again, No Risk of Radioactive Contamination
- » Third Zimbabwean Minister Dies of COVID-19 within a Week
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 566 New Cases, 8 with the New Strain of COVID-19