Sofia Municipality Sends Humanitarian Aid to Varna
Bulgaria's Sofia will provide humanitarian aid to the flooded Black Sea city of Varna, the Sofia Municipal Council decided, Thursday.
Experts from the Sofia municipality will help to assess the damage caused by the devastating floods that hit Varna last week. The financial aid amounts to BGN 30,000, deputy mayor for finance Doncho Barbalov told Bulgaria's National Radio.
"The aid is divided into several groups. One part of the aid is the provision of disinfectant materials, which we know are very much needed in these areas. The second part concerns the help of the experts who will assess the damage. And the third type of assistance are the 15 volunteers from Sofia Municipality who will help in the flood-hit areas. Sofia municipality has a volunteer unit, and we hope that our people are well prepared and will do everything possible to help the people in affected areas," Barbalov said.
- » People Who Live in Small Towns Are Happier
- » You Will Live Longer If You Sleep More on Saturdays and Sundays
- » People are More Productive When Weather Is Bad
- » Every Fourth Bulgarian Reads a Book every day. Every third - never
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth