The Floods Scared Off the Seaside Tourists
The recent disastrous floods in the north eastern parts of Bulgaria led to reservation cancellations, said Economy Ministry, quoted by the bTV national channel.
The hotel owners along the coast are already calculating the expected losses as some Russian tourists already started cancelling their vacations.
The Institute for Analysis of Tourism expects a 60% drop in the popular in the past few years weekend seaside trips – both of Bulgarians, but also of the neighbouring countries Serbia, Romania and Macedonia. According to preliminary data the tourists prefer Greece and Turkey, mostly because of the bad weather in Bulgaria.
So far there are no cancellations from tourists from the west European countries who have planned their vacations well in advance.
According to the officials of the Economy Ministry the TV footage, grossly exaggerated in their opinion, scared off the tourists and would affect the season.
“Of course when people who had reservations for those resorts, saw the footage, they started thinking of cancelling them and going someplace else,” Anelia Genova of the Economy Ministry told bTV.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?