Bulgaria's Mtel Brought EUR 400 M Loss to Telekom Austria
Assets of Telekom Austria into Mobiltel, considered to be Bulgaria's largest telecom, were re-evaluated and written down by EUR 400 M, according to the Austrian company.
Telekom Austria, which owns Mtel, cited losses at the Bulgarian company as a reason for the step.
Rising capital costs for the Austrian company and Bulgaria's dwindling telecom market are causing the situation to deteriorate, the Austrian venture found out after conducting regular sensitivity analyses which shows the potential impact of variables on the economic output.
The situation in Ukraine also played a negative role in Bulgaria's performance, the company's experts believe.
They also say Brussels' constant push to lower prices of telecom services is also leading to a downtrend.
All of the three major Bulgarian telecoms pointed the same reasons to explain the slowed-down pace of growth in their annual reports, according to wesbite money.bg.
However, Telekom Austria assured the EUR 0.05 dividend per Mtel asset is to remain unaltered.
Mtel's assets amounted to BGN 2.4 M (EUR 1.2 M) in 2013.
But a spokesman for Telekom Austria said book value of its Bulgarian subsidiary would be EUR 680 M after the move.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » Maxim Behar - "Best PR Professional in the World" at the IPRCCA International Awards
- » The Trade Promotion Europe Annual Conference was held in Brussels
- » The Bulgarian company Dronamics showed the First Flight of their Cargo Drone
- » Finance Ministry: If there is No New Budget by June 10 - Bulgaria could only Spend as much as it Collects