Jyrki Katainen Becomes Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs
Former Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen becomes the new European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, said EC president Jose Barroso.
Katainen, will replace Olli Rehn who resigned from his position as a European Commissioner in order to pursue a political career in his home Finland.
The current European Commission ends its term in the autumn of 2014.
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis
- » Armed Attack on Ruling Party Kills 3 in Turkey