Bulgarian Pleven Municipality Warns of Dangerously Dilapidated Bridges
The two bridges at the exit of Bulgaria's city of Pleven on the main road to Sofia are in a dangerous condition, the expertise commissioned by the local municipality has showed.
"The old bridge is so rutty that the ballast is missing and the bridge simply vibrates, and the supporting column of the new bridge in the direction of Sofia has been cracked," the Mayor Dimitar Stoykov said, cited by Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR).
The poor state of the facilities has been established after the first rainfalls this spring. A 30 km speed limit was introduced, and overtaking on the bridges is banned.
The repair of the facilities will cost about BGN 1.1M, BNR informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours