Bulgarian Pleven Municipality Warns of Dangerously Dilapidated Bridges
The two bridges at the exit of Bulgaria's city of Pleven on the main road to Sofia are in a dangerous condition, the expertise commissioned by the local municipality has showed.
"The old bridge is so rutty that the ballast is missing and the bridge simply vibrates, and the supporting column of the new bridge in the direction of Sofia has been cracked," the Mayor Dimitar Stoykov said, cited by Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR).
The poor state of the facilities has been established after the first rainfalls this spring. A 30 km speed limit was introduced, and overtaking on the bridges is banned.
The repair of the facilities will cost about BGN 1.1M, BNR informs.
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Tickets for Webit.Festival are Now Fully Sold out
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Meteorologists Protest on Thursday
- » Five Injured Following Explosion at London Tube Station